Corporate Social Responsibility
We have a long term commitment to the community in which we operate
Girobank believes in the abilities of fellow-citizens who wholeheartedly dedicate themselves to improving the quality of life of others. We commit to join them in their cause to make the life of many others more fulfilling. For this reason, we are glad to be able to contribute to the realization of projects that fall within the scope of our sponsoring and donation policy, which we will now explain.
Donation or sponsoring request?
- In a sponsorship there is a business relationship between a provider of funds, resources or services and the sponsored party. The sponsored party can be an individual, event or organization which offers in return rights and association that may be used for commercial advantage in return for the sponsorship investment (long term investment).
- A donation on the other hand is an act of giving to a fund or cause without getting any exposure in return.
Which projects do we support?
Girobank supports projects that are linked to our four chosen domains:
With a focus on: Baseball, softball, tennis, athletics, rugby and cycling.
We offer scholarships to enable motivated students to complete their studies
A healthy lifestyle being the basis for social well-being, we gladly support initiatives geared towards the promotion of good individual and collective health.
Through partnerships with art organizations and educators, we help youngster engage in arts and cultural events.
Projects we don’t support
Projects we don’t support through sponsoring or donations are:
- Religious and political events and organizations
- Trips and festivities
- Private persons.
- Request needs to have a link with our sponsoring domains
- Request needs to be from an organization established in Curaçao and/or Bonaire
- High risk and hazardous projects won’t be taken into consideration.
How we handle sponsoring and donation requests
- A request should be handed in electronically, by sending it to Email. Girobank can not be hold responsible for event tickets, raffle booklets and/or other promotional materials sent.
- Your request will be analyzed by our Sponsoring department.
- Prospect requests will be discussed during our weekly departmental meetings on Friday.
- In the week following the meeting, we will be notifying you about acceptance or rejection of your request.
- If we accepted your sponsoring request, we will also be contacting you to arrange payment and branding possibilities.